For disabled visitors
The Tokaj Museum is only partially accessible.
FOR PEOPLE WITH WHEELCHAIR They can access only the ground floor and the garden. For them, the door on the street front, next to the main entrance, can be used. There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor of the building.
How can PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES travel?
- 1 barrier-free washroom has been completed in the building
- We designed the entrance to the building through a door located on the street front, next to the main entrance, which is pointed out by a sign on the door.
How can the VISUALLY IMPAIRED travel?
– Visually impaired people can visit the museum with a companion, a guide dog, or as part of a special guided visit.
- Tactile maps placed on each level help to navigate the museum.
How can the HEARING IMPAIRED travel?
- It is possible for the hearing impaired to visit on their own (unaccompanied), but the museum does not have special aids (audio guides). We can provide a visit interpreted in sign language after registration.
How can INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED people visit our museum?
– In the case of the mentally disabled, an independent visit is possible (unaccompanied) or a special guided visit or workshop. Our program offer can be found under the museum pedagogy tab, for registered groups.